Monday, March 24, 2008

Fitting it in to the puzzle!

A few months back I attended a seminar with the most wonderful inspirational speaker! During her seminar she told a story I'd like to share: She was getting ready to go speak over in Europe, her friend knew her plane ride would be long so she gave her a puzzle to take on the flight! While on the flight she took the puzzle out determined to finish it before she landed! Little did she know her friend had added 50 extra pieces to this puzzle! She called her friend that night trying to figure out how the puzzle worked and her friend told her this: "Julie our life is like a puzzle and we have all the pieces to put it together! The problem is we have all these extra pieces that we somehow try to make fit! But it is impossible to do so! It is time we all learn how to throw those pieces out!"
This story has stuck with me, because I am guilty of trying to force all the unnecessary puzzle pieces to fit into my life's puzzle! My life has been so full of commotion (that doesn't adequately describe how I've been feeling) I've decided to "Dejunk" and throw out those unnecessary puzzle pieces!
It is time I make my home what it needs to be and I focus on my family! Last night I was reading a book by Gordon B. Hinckley {standing for Something} What an amazing book! I encourage you all to read it, it will open your eyes and make you want to be a better person!

Ok I'll end with showing our fun Easter adventures!!


Our yummy Easter Breakfast!
I won the Contest!

5 comments:

Brittney said...

Man I wish I was at your house for Easter breakfast. That beat my oatmeal for sure.

Loved the analogy with the puzzle. I am definitely printing it out to keep as a reminder.

The kids are too cute. Can't wait to see them in 26 days-yeah!

The Nelson Family Smorgasbord said...

What a powerful message! We all need a little "refresher's course" in that territory..especially me! Thank you SO much for these decorations for Charly's room!! She's been playing with the Bee all day!

Sidni Nielson said...

You so cute. I loved your story. I think I'll have to print it out and hang it on the old fridge. I am the worst at making EVERYTHING more comlicated than it should be.

greenwoodfamily said...

Jenna I loved this post. That is a great little story and those crepes look oh so good! I can't believe how big your babies are! They are so cute! You have such a darling family

Andrea Nalene Rasmussen said...

Hello. I don't know if you'd remember me or not. Anyway, I have been looking for a crepe recipe FOREVER, would you mind sharing? rocksteady28@gmail.com