I had Gracie April 9th 2005. Her whole pregnancy was a journey of growth! I had the feelings of excitement, anxiety, and I was beside myself wondering how I could ever be good enough to raise such a special spirit! Her pregnancy was a difficult time in both Matt's and I's life. We grew so much, trying to prepare for her to come join us here and earth! I had numerous blessings for my health, from my dad, Matts dad and Matt, even Matt's cousin offered me one. I remember one night where I was waiting to die, I had dwindled to nothing and I really thought "that was it!"
I was in Labor for technically 3 days! I had a kidney infection that was causing contractions every 3 minutes....but it wasn't real labor, I was assured after getting Morphine put in my rear every 6 hours, it would cause me to go into active labor! Sure enough on April 9th at 1:00 a.m. I felt the gush of wetting the bed! Matts family rushed to the hospital! (we thought this would be a quick gig!) We had a fun day of games, getting a manicure, and a few unexpected sound coming from me! (What can ya do when you're numb down there!) After 3 easy pushes at 4:OO P.M. Our little Gracie was born! I can't even describe the spirit in the room that day! She was beautiful! I was so grateful to share that day with Lyndsay, Brittany and Matt's mom! (My mom had the flu!) Gracie was the best baby in the world...I think Heavenly Father used her as a trick to have a second baby!
(Gracie and I at the Hospital!)
Easton a suprise baby! I'm beginning to think that is a trend with Matt and I! But non the less we were so excited! That was until sickness hit! I wasn't near as sick with Easton as I was with Gracie. But sick enough I didn't know how I would get through yet another I.V. stricken Pregnancy! We were told Easton was a girl at our first ultra sound! He was named baby "Brylee" To our shock at our second ultra sound something grew and there was no denying he was a boy! I turned to Matt who was in tears so excited saying "I'll have someone to take snowboarding with me!" At 7 months Pregnant we moved back to Utah and awaited the birth of baby "x"
(Gracie and I at the Hospital!)On Jan 1st as I was watching the Ball drop with my mom I had my first contraction! I went to bed hoping I could get some sleep. By 7 that morning we left for the hospital! I was having contractions every 7 minutes but we lived an hour away so we left a little sooner! After Morphin in my rear, we were off to go back home! Matt spent the day snowboarding and my mom and I went to finish some much needed shopping! By 5 o'clock that evening after almost passing out at the Gap outlet, I once again called Matt and told him it was "time!" We arrived to the hospital at 7:30 P.M. I got my meds! After 1 1/2 pushes Easton was born at 10:00 that night! (We laugh because my brother in law Mike went to leave and only got to the door by the time I had Easton!) We were a little shocked by how "white" Easton was! Gracie was so dark and had thick thick black hair and here I had a white, bald baby! He brought so much joy to us that day! It took us up until leaving the hospital to name him Easton! He is now my happy little BUBBA!


I love you Gracie and Easton!
3 comments:
I am with you that word can not explain the feelings in your heart for your children. I never realized how much a mother can love.
So fun to get all the "juicy" details of your deliveries. You truly are blessed with such sweet little ones.
Lyndsay (sp?)and Kevin are in my thoughts and prayers. Wish them the best for me.
You are the CUTEST lil prego momma i have seen! Hope your mothers day was good!
Post a Comment