Tuesday, April 21, 2009

Lifting my soul!

I had woken up today, having the feeling of dread. Self doubt seems to fill my spirits these days for no apparent reason! I blame in on the drastic changes that has taken place in my life! I've left every thing that in every "Worldly" sense has made me feel like I had some sort of power. Power that is seemingly artificial in the scheme of things!
Why is it that being a "stay at home mom" never seems to be enough! When in life it is the greatest calling any woman could have? As things started to come into perspective for me today I decided it was time to sharpen my focus and start seeing the positive in everything around me! I linked over to my cousins blog, to find this inspiring message given by Elder Uchtdorf! A message I absolutely needed to hear! I am so grateful to be a member of the LDS church and for it's leaders who do inspire us to be bigger than this world! Especially in times like these where I feel there is so much grey! It is hard to know what is right, or what is wrong! Thank you Jill for posting this link, a video I think ALL women of every faith need to hear!

4 comments:

Katie said...

Thank you for letting me know that even you have down days.

traci miller said...

You're adorable. I wish we lived by you guys, you are such a cute girl!

Brandy Christensen said...

Thanks Jenna......I needed that!!!

The Nelson Family Smorgasbord said...

I am always so grateful when the Brethren speak about motherhood. They truly understand us....or at least their wives do!;-)..and as for Just Kupcakes, how in the world are WE supposed place orders?! My mouth was watering just looking at them! I am so glad that you have immersed yourself into a new perspective on life. Your thoughts truly inspire us all!!