Sunday, December 13, 2009

Grateful sunday #2


I'm completely at loss for word tonight! I'm exhausted...a good exhausted though, I believe I even fell asleep in church today! My days have been busy, I find my nights to be even busier! Here I find myself with a few minutes of alone time and complete silence tonight...I must not be the only exhausted one in the Johnson home today!
I've decided to start my Grateful Sunday posts...for the fact there is too much in my life I am grateful for! Today I am Grateful for Matt's Job! I was talking to the Hub's the other night and asked him "what is different about Christmas this year? The mood in the air has been light and happy and there has been absolute peace in our home for the last month!" As I sat and pondered I realized it was the fact this is the first time in 3 years we have not stressed that Matt would be losing his job!
Matt never loved working the radio industry, or better yet it wasn't a fulfilling job! Sure it had it's perks...we had free tickets to just about any event you can imagine, but the stress it caused in Matt's and I's lives was just about all I could handle! With the economy taking a turn for the worse, sales were down and even though Matt was doing exceptionally well, anyone hired within the year were let go 2 weeks before Christmas! The first time this happened we were OK, for some reason our hearts were calm and we knew it would work out for the best...which it did! He was hired on within a week to one of the #1 stations in SLC. This station hadn't done layoffs for years so we felt pretty confident that the next December would be a different story! You can imagine the shock we felt when they let half their staff go last December AGAIN 2 weeks before Christmas! This time I was angry...I felt anger because I knew it was only a matter of time before we left Utah, and I did not want to leave those most important to me behind!
It's amazing what time does to the heart, even though I so dearly miss some of my best friends and family in Utah I would never change where my family is today! Matt is now doing what he loves doing most, and that is making a difference in peoples lives! It is because of Matt's job that we are where we are today...exhausted but full of peace!
I ache for those who are or have been with out jobs! The numbers are rising, and more and more people I know are feeling the life shattering fear that I once felt!
But here I am today, grateful! For the first time in 3 years our Holiday season will be filled with Party's, Candy and Holiday cheer...not Job hunting and stressed over what to do next and for that I am eternally grateful!

Thank you Lover for taking such great care of us!

As a side note I have to add how grateful I am for Gracie and Easton...What blessings they are in our lives! Pictures tell a thousand word and just by looking at these pictures you will see the happy, crazy's I get to play with all day!!!

Easton is my little stinker! I find it nearly impossible to discipline the little bug, because he'll usually pull a face just like this to lighten the mood! A few days ago I had a"this only happens to Jenna" day. To set the mood for the day I managed to start lunch on fire, we're talking about flames and all! I went upstairs to get ready and started to smell smoke...I was quick to pass blame and started yelling at the kids asking them what they were burning! (I later apologized) To end the day off I was painting Gracie's room (with a $40 can of paint) I told Easton to go find dad because I didn't' want him to knock the paint over...seconds later he managed to not only spill the paint, but spill it right down our heater vent! After I cried like a baby for a few minutes, Easton some how managed to get a smile right back on my face!
I LOVE YOU MOOKY!

These two are the absolute best friends in the world...they will play for hours with each other with out so much as a squabble! This picture shows exactly how these to are with each other day in and day out!

Gracie is my one of a kind happy, sweet, tender little girl! Those who meet Gracie for seconds can feel the sweet spirit she has! Though snotty moments she has, she is quick to apologize and make right of the wrong she did! She will only wear a dress but yet has bruises up her legs from all of the crazy tricks she does! In her words "I am her best mom, and she is my best daughter!"
I love you CC!

3 comments:

Brittney said...

Love those little ones...they're so cute and funny!

I know how it feels to finally be at peace with a job. It was such a long time coming but once you finally get to feel that peace. It's funny how looking back on the toughest times with work I never realized how much it had taken a toll on us emotionally and physically. It really is such a blessing to feel that sense of stability.

I like the idea of the grateful Sunday. Sometimes you forget to acknowledge your blessings and dwell on the negatives as well (I don't mean you, I mean everyone). Thanks for sharing!

brittany said...

I'm happy for you guys! Can't wait to come see the new house! I miss all of you! Thanks for being there to listen to me vent - you can understand which is SO nice!

Chris said...

And MOST of all I'm grateful for Kimri!!!

It's really sad I have to remind you of this:):):)

Although I'm not glad you had to go through the trial of job loss it all worked out for the best... you live by me:)

Ok...I'm done joking. Great post & it's a good reminder, especially when time are going so great that we need to be humble.