Tuesday, July 15, 2008

Jenna in the "Sin City!"

I am in love! I finally rediscovered my love for the art of hair! I had gotten into such a rut and I as getting so board of doing hair! Maybe it's the fact I live in Utah, and everyone wants the same thing: blond and the "Victoria" hair cut!
I had the opportunity to go to Vegas and attend a Class with the "Eric Fisher!" Truely an amazing hair artist! What I loved about him was he was so down to earth! One thing I hate about the hair industry is the cockiness that comes with it! But by the end of the night he was your best friend!
We were able to attend the NAHA awards! It is like the Academy award for hair! It was so inspiring and made me want to expand my self as a hair artist! I am entering the NAHA'S competition for the next year! It was a night full of mingling with your fellow hair dressers then the award show it self! I pretty much was "star" struck because in our little hair world I met the "people of all people" :) It was nearly impossible to find a modest cocktail dress THANKYOU Tara for hooking me up!It was a fun little weekend for a girls get away! Our hotel was so beautiful, we don't have Mandalay Bay's in Utah! I took pictures of every nook and Cranny in our room!
{The Toilet was fit for a queen and OH don't even get me started on the beds!}

We rode the "roller coaster" which turned out to be a hilarious ride! I wish I could of captured that moment on camera!
We discovered the most amazing artist who did all his paintings by using spray paint! After talking to his manager for like an hour I decided I have to get a picture, so I'm having him paint a picture of the Salt Lake Temple! They said he'd do any painting as long as I was patient!!! {www.Tonyvegasart.com}{He did this picture within five minutes! He's going nation wide on 9/11 he'll be all over the news!}
To top off our trip to Vegas we went to the Beatles show "Love" Ever since the movie across the Universe came our I have been in love with all the Beatles music! LOVE brings the magic of Cirque du Soleil together with the spirit and passion of The Beatles to create an intimate and powerful entertainment experience! It was amazing!
We couldn't leave Vegas without leaving our mark! In honor of the "Beatles" {and my best friend Hailey} we went out with the Beatles flare!

5 comments:

Brian and Krista said...

I'm so jealous! let me know if you really do enter next year! I'll come and watch! I totally wanted to go to that one but I picked the Paul mitchell one instead! It looks like you had a blast! LOVE the pictures lol.

Kim said...

You are such a goof. How did you take these pictures??? You jump high...

I want a weekend away to dress up and look pretty:)

Are you coming up to the Hincley Reunion?

Anonymous said...

I DO NOT have the 'Victoria' haircut, besides I don't even know what that is.

Brittany Kaaiakamanu said...

I'm so jealous that you went to Love, I want to see it SO bad ! ! !

jaclyn anderson said...

WOW Jenna looks like you had lots of fun! I told Ben he owes me a Vegas show since he was born and raised in Vegas!