Wednesday, September 10, 2008

Ramblings...and many pictures!

I am so behind on blogging my everyday adventures I don't know where to start! Now that my sister in law Brittany has a blog, I'm dedicating a part of this post to her and her hubby Mike! I took many of these pictures off her blog...she is becoming quite the photographer! Her and Mike have taken Gracie camping a number of times this summer and I haven't made a post about it yet! Gracie absolutely adores her uncle Mike and Aunt Brittany, and Loves going camping with them! This last week they took both Easton and Gracie with their cousin Cole, to build a camp fire! The pictures speak for them selves. {Really Brittany you don't need kids, you can take my kids anytime...come one sounds appealing right!??}
How to cook a marshmallow, by Easton: Hold hand directly in front of you, and approximately 5 feet from the actual flame for a few seconds, then lick and repeat.
3 Weeks ago they took Gracie up past Oakley to go camping! Matt and I are trying to teach Gracie the importance of physical activity! We only have a t.v. to watch movies on and we'll hold off as long as we can getting any type of gaming system! Gracie put our teachings into play this weekend, taking Mike and Brittany on probably a few to many hikes! She came home covered in dirt and exhausted , but boy she had a fun weekend!







Thank you Brittany! You have no idea how much I appreciate you and Mike! It is so important to me that my kids stay close to all of my family!
We've had such an exciting summer it hit me like ton of bricks when Gracie started Preschool! I don't know what it is but I've been extra sentimental when it comes to my family lately! Not only is Miss Tammy, Gracie's Teacher she also is my second mom! I lived there for a while when I attended hair school! Tammy and her husband got me through some of the roughest moments in my life! Gracie also is in the same year of school as Jack and Austin my 2 cousins {we're just like sisters!} little boys! It was so fun to send her off to her first day of preschool! Shockingly enough I didn't shed a tear! Maybe that is because just a few minutes before I locked my kids in the car in the Mall parking lot! Not only did they have to send the police, the whole fricken fire squad, truck and all came to open my car! {I am turning into my mom!} Too bad my camera was locked in the car so I couldn't take a picture!
{She could of acted a little sad to leave me!}
{waiting behind the "line" for all the moms to come!}
{Gracie, Jack and Austin! Ironically all of our second kids will be the same year in school too! HOW FUN!}
{Miss Tammy!}
{I dunno what Austin was doing! These are their cute school bags!}

This last post is a tribute to my neighbor Kristin! I also took this picture off her blog, but I got tears looking at it today, so I decided to make a post on it! {I must be extra hormonal!} Kristin and Jordan FINALLY got all the plans for their house approved! I am grateful we got these few extra months as neighbors and that things didn't work out as planned last time! Jordan and Kristin have changed Matts and I's life for the better! I do not go a day with out talking to Kristin!!! {ok I did once when my mom was here, and I felt weird all day long!} Even though they are moving less than a mile away, things will be a little different! How good it feels to know that I have made myself life long friends! Matt and I had a house come our way in Oakley last month that could of been a good thing, even though it didn't work out, our first thoughts were "we don't want to leave Jordan and Kristin!" Gracie and Easton even have an add on sister Charlie! *we are so excited for you two to get your house, even though I am sad...life must go on! I'm really jealous I won't be your neighbor any more! Ok enough of that, I'm going to enjoy the few months we have left across the street! Here is the cutest picture ever of the 3 cutest kids ever!

*SOMETHING CRAZY: KRISTIN AND MY BROTHER TRAVIS WERE FRIENDS IN COLLEGE, AND WE ONLY DISCOVERED THIS THE OTHER DAY! SHE EVEN PULLED OUT HER SCRAPBOOK TO SHOW ME ALL THE PICTURES WITH HIM! THAT JUST SHOWS WE WERE MEANT TO BE LIFE LONG FRIENDS! IT STARTED BEFORE WE EVEN KNEW IT!

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey Jenna! Thanks for posting on my blog. So, when I saw you pick your daughter up today, I thought, "that lady has real cute hair" kind of funny that ii was you. I also just noticed that you and my sister both have an Easton and a Gracie. Small world.
Well thanks for saying hello. I'm sure we'll be seeing more of eachother. -Jamie

Brittney said...

You spelled my name wrong...it's Brittney, not Brittany-just kidding! I wish I were there so that I could be one of Gracie's favorite aunts too. : )

Love the pictures of Gracie at preschool with the little cousins and Tammy.

Oh, and you asked on my blog about Alex's hair...she loves it! Kylie is wanting to do the same thing now.

The Nelson Family Smorgasbord said...

Alright that's it...we're going with the Tree House...we've already got the floor plans.
I know I will just break into a million pieces when the time actually comes when we walk out of our front door for the last time. So for now, let's just pretend we're not going anywhere.

The Thueson's said...

Oh My GOSH Jenna.. Gracie started preschool?? How weird is that? She looks so old in that last picture. That seems so strang to me that she is getting old! Anyway, I hope you are enjoying your phone!! Did you get it all figured out by the way?

~Wyatt~Brittney~Brecken~Oliver~ said...

I LOVE blog hopping because then I find girlies that I played with oh like 10 years ago in high school! How are you!? (This is Brittney Hillman-Checketts btw) You look so great!

If your interested please email me at brittney.checketts@gmail so I can send you an invite to visit my blog too! I also have a non-private one that is www.brittneysscentsations.blogspot.com!

JLynn said...

jenna, who did you give your magnets to? :) did i miss seeing who won your magnets?? your little Gracie looks like she is getting so big and what a big girl going to preschool! what blessings it is to always be blessed and surrounded with such great friends! glad you have so many great friends there in utah with you!

Jess Headrick said...

Jenna
Your family is so cute!!! I love your blog!!! I'm so glad that we are working together.

Jess

Katie said...

Jenna... notice that you are the only one who is on my blog! Go me. At least I did it.