Thursday, July 10, 2008

5 minutes of Peace!

One of my favorite kids books in "five minutes of peace" every time I read that book I can all but sympathize for that poor mother Elephant who rarely gets her five minutes of peace! Today I woke up unusually early to get an early start on what ended up being a very hectic day! I was not only able to get my yard work done, but I was able to mow my neighbors yard! I had 2 hair cuts, and right after that I was off to landscape someones yard, all the while with both my kids by my side! {or running away would be a better way to put it!} After 4 hours of the most physically draining work I opted for my "five minutes of peace" to blog! Then I must go prepare my families dinner before I tackle 2 colors and 2 cuts on 2 of my favorite clients! What ever happend to the Early to bed Early to rise theory? I truly do not believe That this was meant for mothers!

I know I am way behind on my blogging so let me fill you in on whats going on in the Johnson house hold! Our Fourth of July weekend started off really rocky! I threw my back out thursday, but with many pain pills I was able to function! {not so much mentally} Later that day I was driving up Parley canyon about 5 minutes behind Matt! This is very unusual for us to drive separately, looking back I know it was the Lord watching out for us! I was on the phone talking to Matt when his phone went fuzzy! I knew he had just gotten into a wreck! Long story short someone Ran into him causing him to spin across 2 lanes of traffic! Landing him 10 feet from a ford F150 that in the nick of time was able to stop! Matts car was totaled and had the kids been in there they would of been hurt! {I am certain of this, our back seat was up in the front seat!} Matt thankfully was ok, and I was able to get to him quickly! Thank goodness for great insurance and hopefully we'll have a car in no time!
We were able to make it to the Oakley Rodeo right on time. And our weekend ended on a good note! I will post all my pictures hopefully tonight! But for now I've had my "five minutes of peace!" and I need to go make the most of the little time I have!

9 comments:

Kim said...

The poor Box Car. I'm glad everyone is alright & that the kids were with you. I didn't realize that you guys were right behind him. It's probably good you didn't see it...you'd probably have nightmares.

Come visit soon. We close on our house on Monday & I like 2nd opinions.

ashley said...

how scary! i'm glad that everyone is ok...but look at it this way...the scion almost looks better crunched than it does when its whole ;) jk. good luck getting new ride!

Holly said...

How scary for you!! But its great that Lord knows whats best in the end! Good luck on getting a new car!!

lacieinthesky said...

oh my gosh Jenna! I hate accidents; especially on the freeway, they're so scary. I'm glad everyone's okay.

Kayli said...

Wow, when I saw the pic of your car my stomach dropped! I am so glad you guys are okay and that your kids were with you! And I am also so glad we have many pics of you and your beautiful car!

Sidni Nielson said...

How crazy! I am glad your hubbie was ok. Sorry about the car. Just think you can get a big ugly mini cvan like me now! hee hee

Charayne said...

Holy Cow Jenna, I am just glad you all are ok. Call me if you need to hitch a ride.

Brittney said...

You told me it was bad but I never would have imagined that it would be this bad. I am so glad you were driving separately and that my sweet little niece and nephew are safe and sound.

jaclyn anderson said...

Oh my gosh Jenna! I can't believe that! I feel so strongly too that the Lord was watching over your family. Thank goodness everyone is okay.