Saturday, August 23, 2008

THIS WEEKS PROJECTS!

What a busy exciting week! When my mom came down we were able to get everything done including every last bit of laundry! It has given me the time in the last few days to do things that I have wanted to do for months! I have been scouting out a book shelf for Gracie's room for weeks and I finally found one at an antique shop! I loved it and it has so much character! With a Fresh kiss of paint, it looks just like new and fits her books perfectly!
I have been just staring at my kitchen table for months now just sick with how dirty it was! Every time some one came into my kitchen I said the same thing "I'm refinishing them soon!" "Soon" finally came around and I was able to reupholster and paint my table and chairs! {I should of taken a before picture, they were bright green with a cute striped material!}
Next I took on the task of painting my own art work! Not something I'll be doing again, but fun and full of color, I placed this in my down stairs bathroom!
Last but not least...I was able to make cute letter for my refrigerator...I got sick of looking at the big bright plastic ones! These were easy and cheap, I spent maybe 5 bucks doing them!

14 comments:

Kim said...

Jenna..mom & I think they look great! I like the rich brown color on your table. Looks like you had a good, productive week.

~Our Family~ said...

Wow! You were ablt to do alot! Your so talented! What would we ever do without our moms! So what did you name your kids? I'm doing good, just enjoying the mommy life. Kylar is so much FUN! So how long have you been doing hair? I bet you love it. That's something I've always wanted to do but just never got around to it I guess.

Mel said...

Umm... People like you make me feel really bad about myself. Thanks a lot Jenna. I seriously feel like crying.

Read and Camille King said...

so i a very proud of your crafty little house and how well you did. i am very curious how you made the magnents. your too dang cute i miss you.

The Nelson Family Smorgasbord said...

That's a perfect place for your wreath!...Although I am still bitter about that cute table that had your name written all over it!! I think somebody overheard you "claiming it" and decided to jump the gun and beat you to it. Garage Sale junkies can be SO brutal!!!

Mel said...

HaHa!! Jenna NO!! I was just teasin you bc you are so dang talented and you make the rest of us feel inadequate! :) GO FOR IT though seriously!! I'm just jealous that's all!! Can't wait to see you! I hope you're cookin up a sweet plan!! Can't WAIT!! 5 days and I'll be on the open road!!

Annalee Taylor said...

So cute. I love finishing projects. The bookshelf is so cute, I want to find one for Macks room now...just a little less girly though! And...your art work is fabulous, I would pay big bucks for those!

Brittney said...

Very cute! I need to start working on some projects now that I have two seconds to myself with the kids in school. I just don't know where to begin. I am very impressed with everything you did and how well they turned out!

JLynn said...

i like all your cute stuff!!! how did you make those fridge letters??? they are so cute!

Becca Curzon said...

Wow! How long did it take you to do the chairs and table? And what did you do with your kids while you were doing that? I have a hard time doing the dishes when Addy's about. You accomplished so much. Was that all in just one week? You are inspiring. I would like to know how you made the letters too. Maybe you could suggest it as a craft for our Enrichment night.

Sarah said...

i really love the paintings you did! that is a great idea. let me in on your secret to being so creative!!!

Amber said...

Way to go Jenna! You have been busy. Love the bookshelf, and I'm so impressed with your artwork, you are good! Great job I love it all!!

jaclyn anderson said...

WOW Jenna I had no idea how creative you are! I am so impressed. I love the NEW and IMPROVED table and chairs! Please show me how to do those letters! Jenna you are just awesome! Love ya!

Nanon said...

Well, next time your mom comes to town, just wander on over to my house and I'll make sure there's more fun for you to have!