Saturday, November 1, 2008

What I believe

Yesterday I woke up receiving two anonymous emails! I was taken back when in the first line I was called a bigot! That was enough for me and I erased both emails not needing to know what was in store for me. The sad part of it is it's someone I know for the fact they had my email!
I am not against gays...I know many many many people who have struggled with their sexuality and they will be the first to tell you, I am one of their best friends and biggest supporters! I understand what Gays are fighting for! I GET IT!
I was raised in an LDS home, I grew up LDS but I didn't always live as an LDS person. Because of this I feel I have seen both sides, giving me more of a conviction that I know this church is true! There for I chose to take a stand with the church I believe is true. There for the list I posted was obviously from an LDS standpoint! There are LDS people who don't see eye to eye to me, and I guess that is what makes this world so great is we ALL get to have our OWN opinion. So why is it when I chose to post my opinion, I am known as a bigot or a hater, but those around me with an opposite point of view can say what they feel is right and they are known for TAKING A STAND? {The Proclamation to the world}
Why is it that we live in a world where we can't accept we will always have a difference of opinion and instead of turning that to hate, embrace the difference and culture of those around us! {I know it can be done! My sister in law and I are opposite as night and day in the way we think, but with that said she is one of my best friends and we have never had issues with the fact we think differently!} So in honor of this being said I am going down my entire blog list and telling each of you why you have been such a positive influence in my life. Regardless of your race, your religion, your beliefs your sexuality you have made a huge in pack on my life! I think it's time to start focusing on the good of this time in our lives and let go of all the "bad" that has been in the air!
Amber: You are such a beautiful person inside and out! I feel like we are so much alike, just by reading your blog! What an amazing mother you are!
Annalee: I knew Annalee in high school but we were never "friends" she is one of the first blogs I check, and I feel like I missed out on friendship that could of been really great, because she is such an amazing person!
Annika: I love to read Annikas blog because you know she loves her family! She is so creative, and I am ording someone of her creativite things from ETSY today!
Ashley Clark: I loved going to work when Ashley was there. Ashley is the best mom, and loves her children so much!
Ashley: You are an inspiration to me. I love how open you are about putting your baby up for adoption and I commend you for the way you take on life!
Aubrey: We had so many great times together while going to school! I could always count on you, you were a true example to those around you!
Avery: One of my best friends! She is such a strong person who pushes forward and doesn't look back! I love you!
Becca: I adore watching you with Addy! She is such a well trained little girl, and it's because you are right on with they way you teach her!
Brandi: Can I say cutest mom ever! I seriously look up to you for having another child after you had Kylie, You have a long road ahead of you but not once did I hear you complain!
Britt: We had so much fun together back in our younger years! Through your blog, I have learned you are such a hard worker and such a great mother!
Brittney: You are one of the most influencal people in my life! I can go to you for anything, and without passing a judgement you can give me the answers I need!
Camille: How I wish we still worked together! I am so grateful to find you blog to see what an amazing mother you become! To this day I still think of us a great friends!
Chanse: You are on your mission doing one of the hardest things a person faces! You are younger than me but your spirit is years older, being one of my biggest examples!
Charayne: We always have so much fun together! I'll never forget the day I watch your moms funeral video together, I saw such a vulnerable side of you that day! You are such an amazing mom and your kids will know their grandma through the way you raise them!
Chelsey: You are so beautiful inside and out! When we worked that short time together, you always were the most positive person!
Danielle: I know who you are but I don't feel like I know you! But through your blog I can see you are already an amazing wife, and person! You seriously are the custest person!
Felisha: agian we are just beginning our friendship, but you are so much fun to be around! The first night we hung out we acted liked we'd been friends for years!
Genevieve: I can already tell you'll be an amazing mother! The one thing I love about you is you ALWAYS look happy! That is my favorite thing about a person!
Hailey: I can not say enough about you! You are such a positive person around anyone you meet! My best memories are with you!
Heather: Ok, I feel bad because I feel like I need to try harder to get to know you! But what I do know is you are so inviting! I love that when I see you I dont' have to TRY to talk to you! Jaclyn: I just love you! You are such a breath of fresh air, someone that I can stay calm around! You are the best mom!
Jen: ahhh, what an inspiration. I remember being scared of my new room mate because she was so much older! Who would of thought we would of become such great friends! You have been such an amazing example!
Jen {use to be walker}: Or shall I say Shanaynay! We had so many great times together! I love readying your blog because reflect the amazing person you are!
Jenny: You are my example as a mom! I loved teaching Cameron in class because he was so educated! I know you take every second to teach your children!
Jess: You are the hardest worker I know! I thought I worked hard but you run circles around me! I am so excited we work together now!
Jessica H: Memories! I am so glad I got to meet perky Jess at school! The first day I met you I was drawn to you because you were so nice! I can't wait for you to be a mom!
Jessica V: I love that you and Justin got married! You are so cute, and I was so excited to find you were pregnant! You'll be the best parents!
Jill: Can I say Dr. Pepper. We laugh for hours and you are such a great example to me! You are such a great mom and I'm always taking pointers from you!
Jodee: I miss you in orchestra! You have an amazing musical talent and your family will be greatly blessed with music in their home!
Amy: I miss you Amy! You are so cute and have the funniest sense of humor, and you know how to make me laugh! Congrats you will be such an amazing mom!
Kristin: You make me want to be better, to work harder and be a good friend! I am so grateful to have you Jordan and Charly in our lives! You are my family!
Kathy: You have gone through so many trials that I feel have made you such a great mom! Your children love you so much and you're always doing things for them!
Katie: You just make me laugh! You make anyone laugh! There is just something about you that just makes me happy! I'm so glad we have reconnected!
Kayli: Sweet spirit is the only way to put it! You are the sweetest person I know that would do anything for anyone!
Kimri: Yet another great family member, that is one of my biggest examples! You are always taking care of me and I know you truely cares about my family!
Krista: To this day one of my best friends, regardless if we talk everyday or not! you are such an amazing example to me and your kids are beautiful!
Lacie: You are just a good person, with nothing bad to say! You are possitive and always so happy!
Lyndi: I love reading your blog. You are so smart and intellectual! A quality many people don't have! You have inspired me to pick my violing back up!
Marty: My biggest memory is you riding your dirt bike down main street in Idaho! I love how you are so carefree and your own person!
Mel: You have become one of my best friends, that I have told things to where only you would understand! You are an amazing person that knows how to listen!
Michelle: You are such a good mom, and you can tell you give a 100% to being a mom! I love to see people I went to high school with, grow into life!
Brittany J: You are one of my best friends, that has helped me in ways you'll never know! I love how cultured you are, and it's inspired me to look outside the box!
Missy: I don't know you well but you are so darling! I know you'll friends with many of my dear friends so I know you have to be an amazing person!
Morgan: I am amazed how you do it! You are always on your toes but yet you make time to do things you love to do! You are so crafty!!!
Nanon: I am so grateful to have you in my life! You are an amazing person, that both my kids and I love! You are so giving, and your "Dog" party was so fun! I am so impressed with the love you give to your family!
Natasha: You too are such a cute mom! I know you love your little boy so much in the way that you talk about him! What beautiful family you have!
Nicole: Nicole got me through so many rough times! She is full of a light not many people have! To make it even Better, Matt and Robb have become great friends making them one of our best friends!
Rachel G: I don't know how you juggle it but I look up to your dedication in finishing your schooling! I know how important it is to have a great education, you are setting an example to you children by working hard!
Rachel M: Rachel I know you love your little family so much! You are 100% focused on being a great mom and wife, something many women forget!
Randi: It's been years, but you have zest for life many peopled don't have...from floating down cold canals or going to the mall it was a blast!
Sara: You are one of the cutest nicest people I know! I love how you are so layed back and just let life set it's course!
Shawnee: Yet another great ward friend! You focus on you children, and everyday you walk by my house with your two beautiful boys I think "she is a great mom"
Sheri: Sheri, we just laughed! You are so much fun, and everyone loves to be around you! I wish you and George live by us!
Shy: You are a life long friend! You were the one friend you helped me turn my life around just in time to meet Matt! We had so many amazing times together! Oh and how can I not mention your laugh...I LOVE it!
Sidni: I dont' really even know you and I love you! If you're anything like Traci you are an amazing person! What a beatiful family you have!
Susan: I was so touched the sunday you gave a talk in church! The world is a better place because of people like you!
Tara: Oh Tara, how did we become friends after our nervous pizza night! I knew after the first time talking to you we'd be friends, regardless what we had to overcome! You are just one of a kind, oh and one of the most talented people I know! Donna: You'll be one of the first people to make it to heaven! You give hope to this world!
Tiffani: For the one night I got to know you, I loved you! You were so much fun and we instantly became friends!
Traci: The best sense of humor about life! Oh Traci I wish we lived by each other! You always made me laugh...and Remember Dax and Gracie are meant to be together!
Thank You all for the amazing people in life! Lets not forget the good we all have! I TAG ALL of you! Go down your list you'll be amazed at the things people have done for you! And don't forget I'm going private so send me your email address! I LOVE YOU ALL!

32 comments:

The Nelson Family Smorgasbord said...

I'm going to add to your list:

Jenna: You are truly an inspiration to me! You are YOU, and that is what I love about you! There is no gray area when it comes to Jenna...she is who she is, she KNOWS who she is and she is not afraid to stand up for who she is! Just look on her doorstep!...she is not afraid whatsoever to place a butt-shaped pumpkin out on her porch for the whole world to see! If only there were more Jenna's out there!!

Mel said...

Oh Jenna! I love you for writing this & I am SO PROUD OF YOU!!!! You are an amazing woman & a great mommy! Thank you for being such a good friend to me. I have especially needed you the past little while & you have truly been there for me as well. Thanks for your kind words of encouragment, your understanding words, the long talks, & the HILARIOUS times we've had that always brighten my day! You bring out the CRAZY in me & I love it!

No matter what you stand for now is the time to stand up for it & you are setting a great example of that!

Amber said...

Jenna you are so sweet. I'm sorry about the rotten emails! You are awesome, beautiful and I also think we are alot alike!:)

~Our Family~ said...

Hi! Thanks so much for the complement! You are an amazing person as well, you have alot of drive about you. Which I think is very important, it's something we all need in this world. As for the e-mails, I so sorry to hear about that! I do agree we all need to look at the good in life and stop dwelling on all the bad. I'd love to stay in touch my E-mail is Natasha_js@hotmail.com

JLynn said...

oh Jenna, I'm sorry people have thought they needed to take a stance on their own behalf and give you crap and call you names. I think you are wonderful..., People have NO clue what I come from.... because I KNOW.... that's why my faith is so strong. Really. :)

thanks for your sweet comment. :) but really, I never knew you've always thought of me as so much older. ha, ha! :) I was born in 82, so now I don't think i'm that much older since we are in the same stage of life and can relate, but i can understand how I seemed so old and wise ;) when you first met me and you were just a youngin out of high school. oh and i've wondered how come I've never had an exclamation point next to my name. better yet something cooler. :) ha, ha. oh and ONE more thing, i don't want to leave my email on here. can i get it to you through your email? thanks.

~Wyatt~Brittney~Brecken~Oliver~ said...

Go you! It made me so happy to read that, and it was so well written! I appreciate your willingness to share your views, and though I share them I would appreciate you sharing them if you didn't when you put it the way you did! So thank you! Also I would love to still have access to check your cute blog! brittney.checketts@gmail.com! Thanks!

Brittney said...

one question...am I Britt or Brittney? :)

This was a really nice post. Sorry you have gotten such a backlash about your previous post. There's so much information floating around out there that it's hard to know what's true/not true. For every report I have read on the issue (or almost any other issue)I can find another article to prove/disprove it. It makes my head spin sometimes. The only source that I know to be completely true is the scriptures. And they are perfectly clear as to God's stand on the issue. That's good enough for me.

Anyway, pick yourself up and move on! Don't stress yourself out about it.

ashley said...

hun! you are soo sweet. your little comment made me feel so great. thanks for being such a great person and such an amazing woman and mother. you really are an inspiration to me.

Brian and Krista said...

Hey! I still want to read your blog so add me!! brianallenfam@gmail.com. and you're good to come up and work at the salon! I'm so excited to see you! I love this post by they way. You should think about writing. You really know what to say and how to say it and your not affraid to. Thats what I love about you!! See ya in a week!!

Holly said...

Hey Jenna- I'd love to still be able to read your blog so add me to your list. bhmunns@gmail.com. I also think you are so great to share your opinion. You are a great person and very inspiring. I'm gonna take your challenge!

Josh and Lyndi Smith said...

I loved your post. What a thoughtful and neat idea. We all have so many wonderful people in our lives and can always be just a little more grateful for what we have been blessed with. What an amazing woman you are.

Read and Camille King said...

jenna, i am so sorry to hear what happened. that sucks and i know exactly how you feel. you better call me when you come up to the burg!!! (ya im living with my mom right now)

Katie said...

I'm glad that I make you laugh... the problem is I think that you laugh at me and not with me but whatever. My email is wadeandkatieparker@yahoo.com. You are an amazing person and I love being around you.

Jess Headrick said...

Jenna I love you! You are such an amazing person. I look up to you in so many ways. You are a great wife, a awesome and way fun Mom, you can get along with anyone, you have the best ideas and are so creative, You give THE BEST advice. I'm so glad that you are in my life. I'm so lucky to get to work with you! THANK YOU, THANK YOU!

jaclyn anderson said...

Jenna I just love you! Thanks for the nice comments. It's always nice to hear someone say nice things about you. I think you are awesome, I love how you are so care free. I just see that you if you want something accomplished you just do it! Jenna you really are a great friend!

Hutchison said...

AMEN, SISTA. put me on the list shyane21@gmail.com

Brandy Christensen said...

Hey Jenna, You are such a sweetheart!!! Leave it to you to turn something negative into something positive!!! I love the fact that you are not afraid to be you!!! I wish I could be more like that!!! Thank you for being such a great example to me and many others out there.

Don't forget to send me an invite
bschris4180@msn.com

the Virgins said...

Jenna! That was such a cute and good idea..you are such a sweetie!! I always love looking at your blog.. You should add me, my email address is jessicahansen50@hotmail.com.

Annalee Taylor said...

Oh your so nice, thanks for the great post. You make me want to be a better person and mother. I feel the same way about high school...we could have been sweet friends...and got into a little trouble along the way! But, im glad now that we can get to know eachother better.

Danielle and Brian said...

You are truly amazing! That was such a great post! You are such a beautiful person inside and out!Dont forget to add me, my address is
danielle12@hotmail.com I will be going private shortly!!

The Rindi's said...

Jenna I am so glad you stood up for what you believe in. I don't know you very well but I'm pretty sure you would never put someone down for they believe so I'm sorry someone did that to you! I have many friends who are going through the same thing as you are and it is really frustrating because people are allowed to believe what they want. So good job to you!!:) I agree we had so much fun when we hung out it was like you were one of my long lost friends!! We for sure need to hang out more!!

Oh and my email is felisharind@hotmail.com
Sorry I didn't put it on your previous post!!

The Nelson Family Smorgasbord said...

Oh, I forgot...you need to add US! kristindahlquist@hotmail.com
Don't get Jordan started on the fact that I haven't changed my email to my married name yet!!

Nanon said...

Jenna, you are great! I am grateful to have you as a friend and admire the person you are!!

Montoya's said...

Whoever said those nasty things obviously doesnt know you. I mean I barely know you and I think you are a great person. And no one should say those things over an opinion. You are great. So much that I think we should hang out sometime.

Read and Camille King said...

jenna i hope its not too late, can you book me for a haircut and color? let me know.

Kim said...

So my internet was being a poop before so I can finally write a comment.

Ok...here's some points & thoughts that I've been thinking about but am not prepared nor feel a need since the election is over to post about.

1. After the election & all this controversey it's made me realize that we have a huge fight (I hope a peaceful & loving one) ahead of us. This was a close vote & we have to be involved no matter the cost because of how important this DEFINITION is.
2. I want to ask the question of what equal right they are fighting for? Is it to pay more taxes because that is what would happen? To be able to leave without penalty your inheritance to your partner? Adoption? I wish someone could tell me in a loving & kind way what right they are fighting for. Why can't we give them these rights (again I don't know what all of them are so I may change this opinion) without having to change the definition of marriage? Adoption is a little different for me...I know the argument is that there are so many babies to adopt & that it's better for them to adopt them then to be left. I agree BUT I have tons of friends trying to adopt. Where are all these babies??? I need to know more.
3. This is an interesting fact & it was a catch 22 in the election. Obama brought out the minority vote (latinos & black) out which have STRONG family values. Some of the exit polls showed that they voted in support of prop 8 in the 80% range. If this is true prop 8 would have never passed if Obama wasn't on the ballot. By Obama winning, prop 8 won too.

I know that they are trying to appeal these results & this may be an issue we face again very soon. I know it will definately be one faced in the future. I definately think that I need to do more research on this matter. I'm a very tolerant person & don't differentiate between people because of their religion or sexual preference. I lived in a VERY liberal state....I haven't always been in a bubble with everyone having my same beliefs. I can see both sides & appreciate them.

Charayne said...

Wow, Jenna! That was really nice. I didn't expect my name to be on your list, but thank you for the part you have played in my life. You are an amazing person, and I admire your courage for standing up for what you believe in. You will be blessed for that! I wish that I could be more like that!

Jord&Kira Lynch said...

K jenna you are the cutest thing ever! Your kids are beautiful! I cant believe how big they are! That was the sweetest post I have ever read! We really need to get together! I need your e-mail. so here is mine just e-mail me yours and lets do lunch and catch up!
Kira

traci miller said...

You're adorable. I wish i lived by you.

Sidni Nielson said...

hey jenna, i just read what you posted, Thanks your so darn cute. I could agree with you MORE, Thank you for standing up for what our amazing chruch has said.

Sidni Nielson said...

oh and invited us.... sidninielson@yahoo.com

Kim and Sean said...

That was great to read especially with everything that is going on in the world today. I am not sure you remember me, but I like to check you blog my email is kimsport10@hotmail.com. Used to be Kim erickson, now kim west!!