Saturday, February 28, 2009

Veggie Trick continued!

Ok so I couldn't miss out, both my sister and cousin posted on their blogs ways to sneak veggies into everyday foods! This is a trick I've been doing for a while now, but I must say sometimes it gets annoying! So here's a trick for all the mothers who have children that won't eat veggies:

Gracie:" Mom yuck this food is disgusting!!" Yet she hadn't even tried a bite!
Me being discouraged and mad, decided to try something new!
Me:"Well Gracie that's because we haven't put the sprinkles on top yet!"

You would be amazed what adding a few rainbow colored sprinkles to a piece of broccoli will do!
Here's to us being Deceptively delicious:)
*Don't forget to enter my pay it forward my next post down!

3 comments:

Jill said...

I tried this after you told me to do it the other day and Jack was disgusted! He thought I totally ruined the sprinkles and then kept trying to pick them off one by one and eating them. Hmmm, I might have to try powdered sugar or confectioners sugar and let him 'sprinkle' that on instead. That way he can't pick it off.

Brittany Kaaiakamanu said...

I put smashed sweet potatoes or carrots in Kalea's mac-n-cheese, she doesn't even notice. Are you using Jessica Seinfeld's book or are you just doing it yourself?

Jake and Annika said...

I have been using deceptively delicious for about a year now - not for my little guy but for my husband! He figured me out, though so now I cook dinner using the book, put the book away, then bring out a different cook book so he thinks the food isn't spiked. When he knows I've used the book he can "taste" the vegies. When he doesn't know... he doesn't taste them. :) Another little trick for the future... :)