After working at least a 40 hour week surrounded by my kiddo's I had my sweet mom say to me "I dont' know how you do it!" to which I replied "I don't...and I didn't!" I didn't play with my kids, I didn't feed them properly, I didn't make dinner for Matt when he got home, and quite frankly I didn't treat him like he was my husband. Therefore I didn't "DO IT"
Call me old fashion, but when I got married and had children I was determined to be a "stay at home mom and wife" Certain times took me out of the home, but I can proudly say Matt and I have worked hard to find a way to where I can stay home. Yes, we sacrifice a lot...Matt only gets a one car garage, and I get my all but stellar mini van:) But it is the price we are willing to pay so that I can focus on our children and raising them in a kind, loving home! It may not work for all, but it works for us!
Now I ask myself: how did I get to the point where I was a "STAY AT HOME MOM" but by all means have not been a mother or a wife? I have put work ahead of the things that are most important to me. Because I can work out of my home, I find it hard to draw a line with my clients. Due to recent events in Matt's and I's lives we sat down and figured out a plan that will work for our family.
I will do hair 2 days a week Tuesdays 10-4:30 and Thursdays from 10-7 : During these hours expect some interruptions from the 2 cutest kids I know:) I will only do hair out of my home! (In a short time I will have a salon in my basement). These hours are set to meet my family's needs. I will no longer be traveling to Utah to do hair after this week:(
This will be hard for me, I have found my clients truly have become my family. Making it hard to separate friendship and business. I love you all and I hope you understand!
(Who would't want to stay home with these two?)
8 comments:
Good For You!!!!! Now when you make trips out here, you can just make them to come relax and visit!!!
yay!!!! I'll be your enforcer:):):)
i am sure it has been hard to make decisions like that.
i think you will be happy though. :)
good luck.
I am so very proud of you!
first of all I love you too! And we will someday live next to eachother with that white fence and be stay at home moms ;) Im glad you're thinking of yourself and doing whats best for you and your family. You deserve it! Love you!
Good, I'm happy for you! (Even though it means you won't be coming here :( I'll just have to come visit, I promise I will soon!) I completely understand the feeling of being a stay at home, work from home mom. It's hard and sometimes our kids deserve better. Finding a balance can be sooooo dang hard (I'm speaking Idahoan ;) so I really hope this works well for you!
Love you!
Good for you! Hope it all works out!
um seriously, i just read this. I am SO sad right now. What am I ever to do??? =( I totally understand cuz you're like the cutest mama ever but you're my most favoritest hair stylist. I need you too. HA HA HA
Post a Comment